Day of the Drum
Time & Location
About The Event
Join me at Shaman's Retreat to birth your own drum. Right from the start, you'll be encouraged to take photos so that you'll have a lasting record of every stage of the process. This is an experiential practical workshop which can also provide a quantum leap into deeper shamanic awareness.
What you can expect from Day of the Drum:
- Being held in sacred space. From the get go, you'll be ceremonially blessed and the medicine wheel elements will be honoured and invoked.
- Connecting with the energy of both the wood and the animal; this includes being with trees outside, and giving thanks to the animal.
- Discover the myths and magic surrounding the wood and the shamanic meaning of the animal
- You'll receive gentle guidance through every step of the process, encompassing preparation of the hoop, cutting the piercing and threading the hide, tensioning and creating your own handle design.
- You'll get to choose your own drum beater from my handmade collection.
- Before going home, enjoy an awakening ceremony to call in the spirit of your drum
- Receive advice on how to look after and care for your drum
- The finish time is a guide only since the workshop will continue until everyone has completed their drum.
- Refreshments are provided, but please bring your own lunch
- Please wear comfortable casual clothing and suitable outdoor wear for the time of year
- Please bring a large towel to wrap your completed drum in, and an apron or old cloth to protect your clothing while working.
- For those travelling from further afield, there is an opportunity to stay in Shaman's Retreat accommodation. Please see separate ticket when registering.
- Day of the Drum workshop£230£2300£0
- Low Income Ticket£150£1500£0
- Pay It Forward Ticket£40£400£0