Introduction to the Runes, Part 1
Time & Location
About The Event
Experienced shamanic practitioner and teacher Rosemary Taylor will be your guide in this fascinating workshop that balances information with practical participation. Whilst no previous experience or knowledge is required for this workshop it's also valuable to those seeking further insight into these powerful symbols.
What you can expect from Introduction to the Runes
- Delve into the mythology surrounding the Runes, which archaeology shows were present in everyday life to our ancestors
- Learn the story of Odin and how the Runes empowered him during an initiation
- Study the female mythical figures who collectively help to optimise our "wyrd" - or "destiny"
- Learn how to harmonise with time cycles by understanding and working with the Rune Year Wheel
- Experience a shamanic journey into the energy of the rune that holds sway at the time of the workshop
- Use the runes in divination by experimenting with a three-rune reading
- Begin to understand the wise form of guidance the runes offer for spiritual self-development
Rosemary first discovered runes during her shamanic training in 2002 and they have been constant, truthful friends ever since. She has also studied the South American Tradition which led to a profound healing experience in the Peruvian Andes in 2010. In more recent years Rosemary has engaged more deeply with the mythology of the Northern Tradition, visiting and training in Sweden during 2017. She now offers Norse Myth journey workshops as well as rune courses. In 2016 Rosemary completed a year's training in understanding the effects of trauma within the nervous system, a physiology and body-based method which complements her spiritual approach. "I couldn't recommend Rosemary's teaching of this subject more highly." Annie Easton, Shamanic Author and Teacher.
Refreshments are provided throughout the day but please bring your own lunch. Please wear comfortable casual clothing and bring a blanket. Each participant is responsible for their own wellbeing at all times. Should you require overnight accommodation, we have limited b&b space here at Shaman's Retreat. These are listed as separate tickets beneath the workshop ticket and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are travelling by train, the nearest station is Yeovil Junction, 2 miles away. Taxis are usually available from the station.
- Introduction to the Runes Pt 1£95£950£0
- Premium Accommodation£60£600£0