Day of the Drum
Time & Location
About The Event
Join me here at Shaman's Retreat to birth your own drum. Right from the start, you'll be encouraged to take photos so that you'll have a lasting record of every stage of the process. The experience can be moving when you get to see everyone's creation at the end of the day.
What you can expect from Day of the Drum:
- Being held in sacred space and honoured through ceremonial blessing.
- Connect with the energies of both the wood and the animal; each is honoured and given equal consideration, including an opportunity to visit and connect with tree energy outside.
- Discover the myths and magic surrounding the wood and the shamanic meaning of the animal
- Receive gentle guidance through every step of the process, including preparation of the hoop, cutting the hide, preparing the lacing, piercing, threading, tensioning and creating your own lacing design.
- Choose your own drum beater from my handmade collection, using various woods and different colour heads.
- Before going home, enjoy an awakening ceremony to call in the spirit of your drum
- Receive a 'Care of your Shamanic Drum' card giving advice on how to look after and care for your drum
- Refreshments are available throughout the day and a light vegetarian lunch is also provided.
- The finish time is a guide only since the workshop continues until everyone has completed their drum.
- If you have specific dietary needs other than vegetarian, please bring your own lunch
- Please wear comfortable casual clothing and suitable outdoor wear for the time of year
- Please bring a large towel to wrap your completed drum in, and an apron or old cloth to protect your clothing while working.
- For those travelling from further afield, there is an opportunity to stay in Shaman's Retreat b&b accommodation. Please see separate ticket when registering.
- Day of the Drum£190£1900£0
- Premium Accommodation£60£600£0